This course is intended to assist you with acquiring the essential knowledge and skill needed to teach in online environments. The course is designed to follow the sequence in which online teaching occurs before the course opens, while the course is running, and after the course is completed. This course stays focused on only the most essential, need to know, areas for online instructors. Each course is limited to 20 faculty members.
This course will have three modules, each of which will be available for 10 days to review, reflect, create, and share your learning experience. Each module will encourage you to generate ideas to make content more engaging for learners and will include an assignment that you can use or adapt to fit your online course.
The goal of this course is to answer: What should I know and do
- BEFORE my online course starts?
- DURING my online course?
- AFTER my online course ends?
Cohort Achievement Goals
- Adopt essential practices before, during, and after your course to optimize learning in online environments
- Incorporate the Community of Inquiry theoretical framework and Universal Design for Learning to address and recognize individual and group learning needs in online courses.
- Pursue additional resources through UNLV and beyond to continue development as an online instructor.