This seminar provides an in-depth understanding of the complexities & best practices for auditing the casino floor.
Session #1 Analyzing Table Games Performance
• Why analyze table game performance
• Table games revenue computation
• Hold analysis
Session #2 Analyzing Slot Machine Performance
• Why analyze slot machine performance
• Slot revenue computation
• Par sheet
• Performance Statistics – how to analyze
Session #3 Financial Statement Analysis
• Financial statements
• Ratio analysis
• Profitability indicators
• Casino sample documentation
Session #4 Marketing & Other Frauds – Beyond the Gaming Floor
• Overview of Fraud
• Casino Marketing Fraud
• Other Frauds
Tim Schultz, MBA, CPA, CFE started his professional career working as a Revenue Agent for the Internal Revenue Service where he audited partnerships and corporations. He then worked four years for the Nevada Gaming Control Board as an Audit Division agent and 14 years conducting criminal and regulatory investigations involving Nevada Casinos. Tim currently consults with the District Attorney's office in Clark County, Nevada.
1. In the event a course is canceled, registrants will be notified as soon as possible and receive a full refund of their registration fee.
2. A service fee of Twenty Percent (20%) will apply to all participant initiated cancellations received three or less days prior to the event.
3. All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing. Refunds granted for credit card charges will be credited to the original account charged. No refunds will be given in the event of “No Shows.” Refunds may take up to 3 weeks for processing.
For additional questions, please contact Craig Ferreira, Operations and Marketing Manager, International Center for Gaming Regulation: email@example.com or (702) 895-2445.