This intensive 2 hour seminar empowers casino management, compliance personnel, risk management, HR or finance directors, surveillance/security team members and gaming industry advisors with tactical knowledge of how to establish effective AML procedures. The program also provides gaming operators with a foundational understanding of why AML regulation is essential to the success of their businesses.
Program Curriculum Includes
• Bank Secrecy Act, Title 31, FinCEN, USA Patriot Act regulatory concerns
• Transaction reporting
• OFAC & PEP
• Suspicious activities
• AML risk assessment
• Case studies
Additional topics include:
- Learn about the latest regulations and regulatory framework.
- Case study analysis of recent FinCEN assessments.
- Tracking & Reporting Transactions
- An overview of cash tracking, recording, and reporting standards, including markers, front money, safekeeping, and CTRs.
- An examination of effective internal reports and procedures, an understanding of chip walking/bill stuffing, and an assessment of hosts and gaming employees.
- Case study of real-world suspicious activities, training, risk assessment, and KYC/customer due diligence.
Kim McCabe-Ward, Senior Vice President Compliance at Maverick Gaming & founder of KMC, LLC has over 24 years in the gaming and hospitality industry. She is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS). Her experience includes VP of Internal Audit for Caesars, over 13 years with Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVSC) in various executive positions and six years with Nevada Gaming Control Board. Kim has been a presenter at AML Conferences in the U.S. and Beijing, NV Society of CPAs, National Indian Gaming Assoc., American Bar Association and many webinars.
In the event a course is canceled, registrants will be notified as soon as possible and receive a full refund of their registration fee.
A service fee of Twenty Percent (20%) will apply to all participant initiated cancellations received three or less days prior to the event.
All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing. Refunds granted for credit card charges will be credited to the original account charged. No refunds will be given in the event of “No Shows.” Refunds may take up to 3 weeks for processing.
For additional questions, please contact Craig Ferreira, Operations and Marketing Manager, International Center for Gaming Regulation: firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-895-2445.