The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR): Summer 2018 Research Skills Academy
Success and satisfaction in any research field require learning research and professional development skills, as well as integration into a culture of research. Studies show early involvement in skills training and intellectual socialization is critical for all students, and especially for underrepresented students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) Summer 2018 Research Skills Academy welcomes incoming and early career undergraduates to premier research training opportunities at UNLV. Initiated in 2017, this two-day immersive and inclusive program provides a comprehensive introduction to STEM and interdisciplinary research, opportunities to interact with faculty, graduate, and undergraduate scholars, basics of professional career stage training, and individual career coaching sessions. The Academy will be held August 2-3, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the UNLV Student Union. Students must be admitted and an enrolled UNLV student at the time of the event in order to attend. Interested students should register here for more information. Registration will close on July 15. Seats are limited.
The Program includes:
1. Career Development Trainings
- How to build and enhance your academic profile
- Essentials to finding research funding
2. Interact with Researchers
- Talk with research career coaches
- Hear from current research lab groups
- Connect to research resources
3. Inclusion in UNLV Culture of Research
- Connect with a research peer mentor
- Continued research cohort events
Engagement with undergraduate research symposium.
This event is free and open to current UNLV students. Registration is required.
More info on this event
Office of Undergraduate Research, CSUN, and Honors College