Navigating Career Changes & Professional Pivots
Career changes have long been considered a taboo professional move and misassociated to indecisiveness. However, career changes are more common than presumed. As professionals evolve, so do their interests and capabilities. As graduate students, some of you may have only begun thinking about your career options, while others may be going back to school with the intention of changing your career. Whatever your current situation is, it is beneficial to learn how to successfully navigate a professional pivot.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand what career pivot really is
- Identify your career strengths and gaps
- Learn how to create a career pivot launch plan (with Metrics)
- Learn how to update your career materials to highlight transferable skills
Professional Development Academy Program: PGCPP
Professional Development Academy Pillars: Career Prep
Learning Experience: Lecture
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Christopher West, Group Hospital Chief Executive Officer, Acadia Healthcare
- Drew Heaps, Learning and Performance Consultant at InterContinental Hotel Group
- Marti Winer, Vice President of Event Production, MGM
This workshop is open to graduate students. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.