National Recreational Sports and Fitness Day
RECAHRGE at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center
Campus Recreational Services, also known as Rebel Rec, is joining college campuses across the nation to celebrate and recognize National Recreational Sports and Fitness Day
The day will consist of three parts, all of which are free to participate in and will take place in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC). The more you participate in, the more drawing entries you will receive!
- One Mile Fun Run/Walk/Roll
- 2017 Health & Wellness Fair
- Restorative Yoga
By participating in the Fun Run, Health & Wellness Fair, and the Restorative Yoga you will increase your chances to win one of many prizes:
- Annual Membership to the SRWC
- Rechargeable Battery Packs
- Package of 5 Personal Training Sessions
- Beats Headphones (Noise Canceling)
- And more!!!
The drawing will be held at 8 p.m. and you do not have to be present to win.
One Mile Fun Run/Walk/Roll – 7 a.m.
- Our one mile Fun Run is free and for everyone! Check-in will be at the Alumni Amphitheater outside of the Student Union near Pida Plaza. The event will begin at 6:30 a.m. All participants will receive an extra entry to a prize drawing of their choice and a free T-shirt. We don’t care how you finish, we just want to see everyone Get Involved!
Health & Wellness Fair – 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- This year’s Health & Wellness Fair will feature many campus organizations as well as local community vendors. Free blood pressure, blood sugar, body composition, and dental screenings will be offered. Each vendor will be offering educational materials, promotional items, and services. Be sure to take advantage of this FREE event! Participating in the Health & Wellness Fair will allow you an entry to a prize drawing.
Restorative Yoga – 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Come join us in a Yoga class that will focus on movements to help you relax and regenerate from a long day of school, work, and class work.
- Benefits of restorative yoga:
- Soothing to the Nervous System
- Encourages Mindfulness
- Cultivates Heightened Body Awareness and Deepens Self-Awareness
- And recharge and relieve stress!
UNLV Faculty & Staff
- If you bring your RebelCard to the SRWC, all faculty and staff can be our guests the week of February 20-24. This week of free entry also includes the Rebel X Fitness Classes, a variety of 50 group exercise classes for all levels and abilities. If you like what we have to offer, memberships to the SRWC are $25/month with no contract.
This event is free and open to UNLV student, faculty, and staff.
More info on this event
Sponsored By: RHA (UNLV Residence Hall Association), UNLV CSUN (Student Government), AT&T, Aetna, Nevada National Guard , and Desert Parkway - Behavioral Healthcare Hospital