The Department of Early Childhood, Multilingual, and Special Education announces the opening of applications for the Spring 2019 comprehensive exams for students enrolled in the Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and the Master of Education in Special Education programs. Students intending on graduating in the spring of 2019 should carefully review the information below and pay close attention to application deadlines.
- Applications for comprehensive exams are due by February 15, 2019 (no late applications accepted). Applications can be found on the EMS Comprehensive Exam website.
- Students must meet with their advisor by Friday, February 22, 2019 to review comprehensive exam applications. Students must bring a copy of their unofficial transcript to this meeting for advisor verification. Both the student and the advisor are required to sign off on the comprehensive exam application.
- Students should apply to graduate through MyUNLV by March 1, 2019.
- Students enrolled in the Autism, Applied Behavior Analysis, Generalist, Gifted Education, and Intellectual Disabilities subplans of the Master of Education in Special Education program should check the EMS Comprehensive Exam website regularly for updates on study guides. Study guides are typically posted four weeks prior to the exam.
- Students enrolled in the Master of Education in Early Childhood Education program or the Early Childhood Special Education subplan of the Master of Education in Special Education program should discuss study materials with their designated advisor.