Mastering the Grad School Interview Process Workshop
The interview is the most personal part of the application process and will have a large impact on your success as a potential candidate for a given graduate school. It is important to demonstrate how you will interact with faculty, administration, and students at the university in a positive and impactful way. The main goal of the interview is to determine your collegiality and how well you fit in with the department and faculty. Join us to discuss how to make sure your interview is successful!
By participating in this workshop you will:
- How to prepare for an interview
- Different types of academic interviews (phone interview, conference interview, campus interview)
- Attire and materials you should bring to an in-person interview
- General academic interviewing tips (practice, feedback, interest/ability, thank-you notes)
Learning Experience: Panel
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
- Ashley Sylvester, Director of Pre-Professional Advising Center for Health Professions
- Janet Dufek, PhD, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Allied Health Sciences
- Peter Gray, PhD, Professor, Department of Anthropology
- Brian Hedlund, PhD, Professor, School of Life Sciences and Nevada Institute of Personalized Medicine
This workshop is open to Grad Rebel Advantage students. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.
The Graduate College is now using Event Pass for all events and workshops. For easy check-in at the event, generate an Event Pass QR code by visiting involvementcenter.unlv.edu, signing in with your ACE account, clicking on the profile icon in the top right, and choosing Event Pass. This QR code can be used for all UNLV Graduate College events and workshops, so save it to your Apple Wallet, Google Pay, or photos.