A Lasting Impression: Crafting Your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn has been around since 2003 and today is the world’s largest professional network with more than 610 million users. Recruiters and employers primarily use LinkedIn to source candidates for positions at their companies, although they also use the platform for their own networking opportunities as well. Given that there are millions of users, how do you craft a profile to best represent who you are and what employment opportunities you hope to pursue? How do you effectively use LinkedIn (searches, messages, and other activities) so that you are not wasting valuable time?
The workshop will include:
- A 60 minute panel comprised of human resource and hiring managers
- A 30 minute workshop on elevating your LinkedIn Profile
- A 30 minute working group and headshot
You must attend the first 90 minutes of the workshop to receive the free headshot.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the value of creating a profile
- Identify the important components of a profile
- Learn LinkedIn etiquette
- Develop and locate content for your profile
- Hear from a panel comprised of human resource and hiring managers on how they use LinkedIn to recruit and hire new employees and learn helpful tips and tricks from them
- Receive a free headshot for your Linkedin Profile
Professional Development Academy Program: Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program, GCCC
Professional Development Academy Pillars: Career Prep
Learning Experience: Panel
Time Commitment: 2 - 8 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Mid, Late Master’s & Mid, Late Doctoral
- Kalie Randlett, Talent Acquisition Manager at Barton Associates
- Madison Fox, Talent Acquisition Specialist at Barton Associates
- Marion Wiseman, Senior Director of Human Resources, UNLV Foundation
- Lateka Grays, Hospitality Librarian & Associate Professor, UNLV Libraries
This workshop is open to UNLV graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.
The Graduate College is now using Event Pass for all events and workshops. For easy check-in at the event, generate an Event Pass QR code by visiting involvementcenter.unlv.edu, signing in with your ACE account, clicking on the profile icon in the top right, and choosing Event Pass. This QR code can be used for all UNLV Graduate College events and workshops, so save it to your Apple Wallet, Google Pay, or photos. Attendees without an ACE account will be checked in by the Graduate College team on the day of the event.
Graduate College, Career Services, and Libraries.