Involving UNLV Students in Research with SOM
UNLV School of Medicine Undergraduate Researchers will give a short description of their research, describe how they got involved, and the benefits of working with the School of Medicine and its affiliated partners. Panelists will also participate in a Q&A session after their presentations.
Learning Objectives: By participating in this workshop you will:
Learn the type of research that is produced by SOM undergraduate researchers
Learn how to become affiliated with a research lab
Learn how to get involved in research with the School of Medicine
- Aaron Cheng, Neurogenetics and Precision Medicine Lab; Edwin Oh Ph.D.
- Emily Carter, UNLV SoM Department of Surgery; Deborah Kuhls M.D. & UNLV SoM OB/GYN Department; David Howard M.D./Ph.D.
- Bill Hoffman, UMC Emergency Medicine Research; David Slattery M.D.
- Ava Platt, Cellular and Molecular Brain Lab; Jefferson Kinney Ph.D.
This workshop is open to UNLV undergraduate students. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. Please follow the instructions below to generate an Event Pass QR code:
- Visit involvementcenter.unlv.edu and signing in with your ACE account
- Click on the profile icon in the top right, and choose Event Pass
- Save the QR code to your Apple Wallet, Google Pay, or photos
- Have your QR code ready to be scanned prior to arriving to the workshop
Office of Undergraduate Research