Attending graduate school is a direct investment in yourself and in your career. Alongside academic investments, investing money during graduate school may be beneficial to long term financial goals as well. The biggest challenge to investing during graduate school is low finances. However, investing even a small amount of money on a regular basis throughout graduate school can have an enormous impact on lifetime wealth.This workshop will demystify the complexities of investing so that you can be better equipped to decide when and how you should invest, whether you begin as a graduate student or post-graduation.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn how you can start investing with minimal funds
- Learn what things to consider before investing
- Learn what types of investments there are
- Hear from a panel comprised of finance industry professionals, those who have experience with cryptocurrency, and those who invest themselves
This workshop is informational and will not provide any personal investment advice.
Professional Development Academy Program: N/A
Professional Development Academy Pillars: Wellness
Learning Experience: Panel
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Travis Scribner, Managing Partner WestPac Wealth Partners
- Tory Garber, Financial Advisor, Northwestern Mutual
- I.J. Mahayosnand, Marketing & Sales Guru, College Loan Freedom