What can be more rewarding than leading a nonprofit? Nonprofits are important forces for good in our communities, and most people would agree that it's noble work. But running a nonprofit is more complex than you might think. Leaders must invest time in understanding community needs and interests while managing a multifaceted organization. What does it take to lead a nonprofit successfully? What are the rewards and challenges? Through this workshop, nonprofit leaders and an academic expert will share their perspectives on leadership in the nonprofit sector. By participating in this workshop participants will be able to:
- Articulate the most important responsibilities of a nonprofit manager.
- Understand the roles of key players in nonprofits.
- Gain ideas on how to strengthen essential skills important in the nonprofit sector.
The Grad Academy Pillars: Career Prep
The Grad Academy Program: PGCPP
Learning Experience: Panel
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early Master’s, Early Doctoral
- Dr. Niki Bates, Director of Educational Media Services, Vegas PBS
- Mauricia Baca, Executive Director, The Nature Conservancy of Southern Nevada
- Dr. Aaron Krolikowski, VP for Community Impact, United Way of Southern Nevada
- Dr. Jessica Word, Academic Director of Nonprofit Community & Leadership Initiative