Integrating Cultural Competence into Instruction, Assignments & Assessment
Facilitated by the Institute for Evidence-Based Change and the Educational Testing Service, this 2-day training entitled, Integrating Cultural Competence into Instruction, Assignments & Assessment, is made possible with the support of the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost and is sponsored by The Intersection, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, Instructional Development and Research and Graduate College. Customized specifically for UNLV teaching faculty, this training will help UNLV educators develop and sharpen their skills and deliver culturally competent instruction, assignments and assessments of student learning.
Training Learning Outcomes:
- Learn practical approaches to develop effective student learning outcomes (SLOs) in your courses.
- Practice writing behaviorally-based SLOs for your courses.
- Discover ways to integrate cultural competence into SLO and practice.
- Develop a plan to integrate cultural competence in at least one of your courses.
- Detect how cultural competence leads to fairness in assessment efforts.
- Identify best practices in assessment development.
- Learn to identify effective processes for measuring student learning at the course and program level.
- Be able to evaluate the quality of the assessment process and its impact on diverse student populations.