Informational interviews are beneficial for graduate students that are exploring new career paths or interested in learning more about companies within their field of study. While informational interviews don’t immediately result in a job, they give students exposure and the opportunity to build professional relationships. Join us to learn the do’s and don’ts of informational interviewing so that you can get the most out of them!
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the purpose of an informational interview
- Learn how to properly ask for an informational interview
- Learn strategies for how to prepare for an informational interview so that you can make a great impression
PDA Type: N/A
PDA Pillars: Career Prep.
Learning Experience: Lecture & Interactive
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early, Mid, Late Master’s & Early, Mid, Late Doctoral
- Justin Gomez, Assistant Director of Career & Professional Development, Career Services
- Kassie Moore, Career Coach, Career Services