This cohort will explore the functionality and usability of groups in the online learning environment. We will address how to create opportunities that promote engagement and collaboration among all learners. Resources utilized will include WebCampus and WebEx.
By the end of the workshop, participants will able to:
- implement WebCampus Groups in your course to maximize collaboration and engagement.
- assess your comfort level using groups and how groups can be used in your course.
- outline best practices for implementing groups for your course.
- collaborate with colleagues to create or propose a group assignment for your online course.
Recommended OIT WebCampus Sessions:
- WebCampus 210: Communication Methods
- WebCampus 313: Peer Reviews
- WebCampus 314: Student Groups in WebCampus
- WebCampus 507: Leveraging Google in WebCampus
Recommended OIT Panopto or WebEx Sessions:
- Hosting A Successful Session: Useful WebEx Features