How To Navigate The Digital Information Landscape
This is a Medallion Sponsored Career Event*
Having to operate and compete in a very high-pace and information glutted world, students need to develop skills to navigate this complex and rugged information literacy landscape. This webinar will discuss some of the challenges we face and the consequences of poor information literacy.
By participating in this workshop you will learn:
- Physical and digital collections and repositories that UNLV Libraries offer
- How to use the tools and resources of UNLV Libraries in research
- Formats and properties of digital data
- What metadata are and understand their value
- Importance of resource quality and credibility through reference checking
- Dr. Levent Atici, Executive Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
This event is virtual. Please RSVP on Event Pass to receive an email with the link to the virtual event.
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops.
All participants are expected to demonstrate professional conduct during this workshop. This includes:
- Using their first name as their screen name.
- Avoid making unprofessional comments.
- Following the directions of the workshop presenter.
Office of Undergraduate Research