Hiking Upper Bristlecone Trail, NV
-Hike Bristlecone Loop Trail, Mt. Charleston-
Upper Bristlecone Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Charleston, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate, total 5.7 miles, 931 ft. elevation gain
-Lunch, snacks, & roundtrip transportation are included in the price of this trip-
- 9:00am Please meet us in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center in front of the Outdoor Adventure office in the lobby, ready for departure.
- 9:40am-10:40am Vans depart. Ride approximately 1 hour to the Upper Bristlecone trailhead. Park at the Lower Bristlecone Trailhead and hike up.
- 10:40am-2:45pm Hike the Bristlecone Trail Loop. Fix and eat lunch and enjoy the views along the way.
- 2:45pm - 3:45pm* Drive back to UNLV.
- Shoes that you can hike in, tennis shoes are fine.
- Clothes that you can move comfortably in.
- Wear layers so that you can adjust as you get warm and cool.
- At least 2 liters of water. Make sure these bottles are full before you leave campus.
- A small backpack to carry your water and food in.
Any questions about this trip or trip preparation should be directed to:
*Times of arrival back onto campus are estimated and due to change without notice
This event is open to the public. Registration due by 5:00 p.m., April 2, 2019.
- $34 for Students and Members
- $44 for Non-members
Registration includes the completion of the Health History form and the Trip Waiver. Please note that both of these forms require a printed signature.
More info on this event
UNLV Outdoor Adventures