“Pine Creek Canyon offers some of the best of the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area–beautiful and diverse plant communities nestled at the bottom of monolithic canyon walls. The ponderosa pine forest at the mouth of the canyon is a remnant from the last Ice Age, but it survives here thanks to the cool air and water flowing down Pine Creek Canyon.”
- 3 miles - Difficulty Level: Easy –Moderate
- Lunch and snacks are included in the price of this trip
- 8:00am Please meet us in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center in front of the Outdoor Adventure office in the lobby, ready for departure.
- 8:15am Vans depart. Ride approximately 1 hour to the Pine Creek Canyon Trailhead.
- 9:30am – 11:30am Hike to end of the trail. Fix and eat lunch.
- 11:30am -1:00pm Hike back to the van.
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm* Drive back to UNLV.
- Shoes that you can hike in, tennis shoes are fine.
- Clothes that are comfortable and that you can move in.
- At least 2 liters of water. Make sure these bottles are full before you leave campus.
- A small backpack to carry your water and food in.
Any questions about this trip or trip preparation should be directed to Hannah Doss at email@example.com or at 702-774-7125.
*Times of arrival back onto campus are estimated and due to change without notice.