Helping Mentees Cultivate Healthy Habits
Being a mentor comes with a responsibility to share advice that may positively influence your mentee. Oftentimes, mentees look to their mentors during moments of high stress and high anxiety. How do you help your mentees stay productive, while encouraging long-term sustainable work habits? This workshop will cover practical tips you can use to support your mentees (and yourself!), with an emphasis on managing time, strategies for stress relief, and building healthy habits.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn the research behind changing or cultivating healthy habits
- Discover tools and tips you can use to support mentees’ stress and time management skills
- Increase awareness of the negative impact of contradictory advice and/or examples
- Learn/review UNLV health and wellness resources to which mentees can be referred
Professional Development Academy Program: GCM
Professional Development Academy Pillars: Leadership
Learning Experience: Lecture/Interactive
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Mid-Late Master’s, Mid-Late Doctoral
- Dr. Emily Shreve, Associate Director of Academic Transitions
This workshop is open to graduate students. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.