Graduate School: What You Should Know in Your Junior Year
Preparing for graduate school is a process that begins during one’s undergraduate tenure. Increasingly, students that attend graduate school begin their preparations during their junior year. In this interactive workshop, students will learn preparation strategies as well as expectations from graduate school recruiters and admissions officers. Attendees will also learn a standard check-list of items they can undertake during their junior year to prepare themselves for graduate school.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn the types of steps you can take during your junior year to begin preparation for graduate school
- Discuss strategies and best practices that you can undertake during your junior year in order to submit a competitive application towards graduate school
- Learn what graduate school recruiters and admissions officers look for in graduate school applications
- Dr. Levent Atici, Executive Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
- Dr. Garland David Beasley, Recruitment and Admissions Specialist
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. If you are new to Event Pass, please access this link to get familiarized with the platform. If you already have an Event Pass account, please RSVP by clicking on the red button below.
Office of Undergraduate Research