This semester the Graduate College will offer three training sessions for all graduate coordinators, program administrators, and others interested in learning more about Graduate College services, procedures, and policies.
These trainings are being offered in lieu of the all-in-one coordinator training the Graduate College has offered in the past. The hope is that these more specific offerings will better meet your unique needs.
1. Admissions & Recruitment
- Wednesday, Sept. 20; 2-3:30 p.m.; Student Union 205
- Facilitators: Kara Wada, Sebern Coleman, Elizabeth Jost
- Topics: Graduate recruitment services provided through the Graduate College; tips for recruiting; admissions process, policies, and procedures; a quick overview of the Grad Rebel Gateway
2. Graduate Assistants and Funding
- Friday, Oct. 20; 2-3:30 p.m.; Student Union 205
- Facilitator: Brianne Heinle
- Topics: Transition to Workday for GA contracts, the GA Handbook and graduate student funding opportunities.
3. Student Retention, Progression, and Completion/Student Success Institute
- Tuesday, Nov. 14; 2-3:30 p.m.; Student Union 205
- Facilitators: Kara Wada and Valarie Burke
- Topics: Who are the RPC team members, and what do they do? Important policies to keep in mind when advising graduate students and where to find this information. What is the Student Success Institute, and how can it help students, faculty and staff?