Explore your options for teaching a hybrid course at UNLV in this face-to-face workshop.
Hybrid courses blend face-to-face and online course instruction, discussion, and learning activities based on the students' needs and subject matter taught. This multimodal approach to instructional delivery provides flexibility for UNLV academic departments, instructors, and students.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the preparatory steps necessary to teach a course as a hybrid.
- Evaluate different models for hybrid courses and how to best incorporate one or more of those models into their course.
- Define the differences between a web-based (WB), web-based w/ on/off campus meeting (WM), and hybrid (HY) course at UNLV.
This workshop has been developed specifically for graduate students teaching or assisting with the teaching of hybrid courses at UNLV.
Participants must bring:
- A course syllabus for a proposed/implemented UNLV hybrid course.
- Log in access to WebCampus and a personal device (e.g., laptop, ipad).