GRA: Grad School Prep Series: Writing Your Personal Statement
A key part of every graduate application is the personal statement. In it, you explain who you are, your values, and why you are pursuing a graduate education. But what exactly should you write, and how vulnerable should you be? This workshop will answer these questions and teach you how to craft a strong message. You will also learn how to format a statement of purpose and seek feedback from mentors and peers.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Be able to distinguish between the statement of purpose and the personal statement
- Understand the components of an effective personal statement
- Receive helpful tips on preparing, organizing, writing, and editing your personal statement
- Learn about tone and how to personalize your personal statement
- Workshop your own personal statement
The Grad Academy Pillars: Career Prep.
The Grad Academy Program: Grad Rebel Advantage
Learning Experience: Lecture
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
- Dr. Emily Shreve, Associate Director of Academic Transitions
This workshop is open to undergraduate students. Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.