GRA Grad School Prep Series: Mastering the Grad School Interview Process Workshop
The interview is the most personal part of the application process and will have a large impact on your success as a potential candidate for a given graduate school. It is important to demonstrate how you will interact with faculty, administration, and students at the university in a positive and impactful way. The main goal of the interview is to determine your collegiality and how well you fit in with the department and faculty. Join us to discuss how to make sure your interview is successful!
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn how to prepare for an interview
- Understand the different types of academic interviews (phone interview, conference interview, campus interview)
- Learn about the attire and materials you should bring to an in-person interview
- Obtain general academic interviewing tips (practice, feedback, interest/ability, thank-you notes)
The Grad Academy Program: Grad Rebel Advantage
- Ashley Sylvester, Director, Pre-Professional Advising Center
- Dr. Janet S. Dufek, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professor
- Dr. Samuel Song, Professor, Counselor Education, School Psychology, and Human Services
This workshop is open to UNLV students. Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.