GRA Grad School Prep Series: Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation can make or break graduate school applications. The letters tell the person deciding on your admission what your references think of you. The strength of the letters will depend largely on whether your references think positively of you, indifferently, or negatively. For this reason, it is important to build strong professional relationships with your undergraduate faculty. This workshop will teach you how to connect with your faculty and ask them to write you letters of recommendation.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the importance of forming strong professional relationships
- Learn to identify potential letter writers
- Receive advice on how to ask potential letter writers for letters of recommendation
- Explore the components of an effective letter of recommendation
The Grad Academy Pillars: N/A
The Grad Academy Program: Grad Rebel Advantage
Learning Experience: Lecture
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: N/A
- Dr. David Copeland, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
This workshop is open to UNLV students. Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.