GRA: Grad School Prep Series: How to Stand Out
Collectively, graduate schools across the United States receive thousands of applications each year. How do you craft a strong application that stands out from the others? The journey to a strong application starts long before you apply. You must start preparing while still an undergraduate. This is the time to build your skill set and experience. In this workshop, you will learn steps you can take as an undergraduate to make yourself competitive with other applicants to graduate school. You will also learn how to capture your knowledge and unique traits in your résumé/CV and personal statement.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Explore the characteristics of an competitive applicant
- Identify the skills and experiences that make you uniquely qualified for graduate study
- Recognize important application requirements
- Learn about how you can start preparing for graduate school now
The Grad Academy Pillars: Career Prep.
The Grad Academy Program: Grad Rebel Advantage
Learning Experience: Lecture
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
- Keala Kiko, Graduate Affairs Coordinator, Sciences
This workshop is open to undergraduate students. Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.