GC: Professionalism 101
Merriam-Webster defines professionalism as “the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a professional person.” We often hear leaders and colleagues referring to “professional” as a quality we should aspire to achieve, but what does professionalism really mean? This workshop explains how skills such as interpersonal communication, time-management, resourcefulness, conflict resolution, and others go hand-in-hand with professionalism in both the workplace and academic settings.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand your role as a student, professional and or leader – in upholding professional ethics
- Review appropriate attire and how to look & act in a professional setting
- Learn organizational skills and effective time management
- Explore setting your professional sights (strengths, values, short-term goals, & behavioral choices)
The Grad Academy Pillars: Leadership, Communication, Career Prep
The Grad Academy Program: GRC, GMC, GTC, RAMP, PGCPP, Grad Rebel Advantage
Learning Experience: Interactive
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Dr. Kyle Kaalberg, Executive Director, Strategy and Strategic Initiatives
Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.