GC: Non-Academic Interviewing Strategies
The thought of interviewing may seem daunting, but the key to nailing an interview is being prepared. Preparation includes learning about the company, practicing communicating your strengths, and thinking about what questions to ask the interviewer. This workshop explains the steps necessary to have a successful interview and provides participants with tips about best communicating why they are the right person for the job.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Review the interview process for graduate students seeking employment outside of academia
- Learn what to expect in interviews conducted for government positions, social service, and/or business industry
- Learn strategies for answering standard interview questions
- Discuss how to best prepare for interviews, including what kinds of questions you should be asking the recruiter or hiring manager
- Identify appropriate behavior before, during, and after an interview, including questions to ask prior to the interview, dress code, and thank-you letter/email etiquette
The Grad Academy Pillars: Communication, Career Prep
The Grad Academy Program: GMC, PGCCP
Learning Experience: Panel
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Marion Wiseman, Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and Development, Division of Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement
- Tiffany Whitehead, Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition - HR, Credit One Bank
- Tiffany Fritchman, Goals Coach, US Bank
Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.