GC: Managing Conflicts or Concerns in Mentor-Mentee
Conflict is the expression of a disagreement between people about what should be done or how it should be done. How conflict is handled can be destructive or constructive for a workplace, a relationship or a team. This is because the core element in conflicts is people and with people come with emotions. Communication along with emotional intelligence can positively or negatively influence how the conflict is resolved. The ability to resolve issues in a professional manner are key to a healthy and productive mentor/advisor-mentee relationship. Join us for an interactive workshop where we unpack the roles and responsibilities of mentor and mentee relationships - and learn communication skills that will be key to successfully working through conflicts or concerns.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees
- Learn communication skills that will help resolve issues between mentors and mentees
- Learn strategies to manage goals, expectations, and meetings with your advisor
- Recognize similar and shared goals with your advisor/mentor
- Learn how to transition from being a mentee to a mentor
The Grad Academy Pillars: Teaching, Leadership, Communication
The Grad Academy Program: GMC, GTC, RAMP, Grad Rebel Advantage
Learning Experience: Lecture
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Dr. Levent Atici, Executive Director of Undergraduate Research
Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.