GC: Finding the Right Faculty Advisor for You
Faculty Advisors play a crucial role in supporting your progression through school. It is important that you find a faculty advisor that matches your research interest, but also understands your desired career path. Additionally, it is important to consider how you respond to coaching and support. Are you the type of person that needs consistent feedback? Or are you more inclined to reach out independently if and when you need advice? Finding the right Faculty Advisor to mentor you through your program can make all the difference in the successful completion of your degree.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand what your needs are as a student and what you look for in an advisor
- Identify what your research interests and consider potential advisors
- Make an outreach plan and draft an email introduction
Professional Development Academy Pillars: Research, Leadershi
Professional Development Academy Program: Grad Rebel Advantage
Learning Experience: Lecture, Interactive
Lifecycle Stage: N/A
- Dr. Joel S. Snyder, Professor, and Director of the Neuroscience Ph.D. Program
- Dr. Jessica Nave-Blodgett, PhD in Psychology, University of Nevada Las Vegas
Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.