GC: Effectively Communicating Your Research, Creative, and Scholarly Work
Impact, outreach, and research have been buzzwords in the higher education community - in order to hit these targets, one must know how to deliver, engage, and communicate their research/creative/scholarly work to a broader audience. This workshop will provide methods and techniques for properly and effectively delivering your studies! Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and mistakes: jargon, death by PowerPoint, etc.
This workshop will also prepare you for the following Graduate College events: Rebel Grad Slam, President’s Innovation Challenge, Graduate Student Showcase and Inspiration, Innovation, and Impact.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn strategies for streamlining important aspects of your research and its broader significance
- Learn how to design a PowerPoint slide that will stand out
- Learn about Graduate College opportunities for presenting your research/creative/scholarly work
- Hear about presentation pitfalls and successes
The Grad Academy Pillars: Communication
The Grad Academy Program: GRC, RAMP, GRA
Learning Experience: Lecture, Interactive, Panel
Lifecycle Stage: N/A
- Sue Dibella, Executive Director of Operations, Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- Nevena Cvijetic, Executive Director of Leadership, Professional, and Career Development, Graduate College
- Kendra McGlothen, Ph.D. Student, Department of Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Hannah Patenaude, Ph.D. Student, School of Life Sciences
This workshop is open to UNLV students. Please log in to your Grad Rebel Gateway account and click on The Grad Academy tab to RSVP for this workshop.