Fundamentals of Business Writing PM Session
About the course
Discover the secrets to effective business writing and crafting messages that others want to read and act on. In this virtual discussion group you will learn the skills necessary to effectively and persuasively compose business documents, including emails, memos, and reports. Topics include:
- Definition of business writing
- Rhetorical principles for planning effective business messages
- Identifying elements of clear business messages
- Business writing style with special considerations for email, memos, and reports
- The importance of grammar and punctuation in effective business messages
About the trainer
Amber Featherstone is an adjunct professor of English at UNLV. She received her Masters in English Language and Literature at UNLV in 2008. Featherstone has since taught classroom, hybrid, and online writing courses at UNLV and several sister institutions. She specializes in technical writing, including linguistics courses. Featherstone has conducted job and college application trainings for the Henderson community in addition to private resume building services.
Participation is free to all UNLV employees, registration is required, and space is limited. Because of the interactive and engaging nature of the training, you need to make sure you join from your computer and that it has a working video camera and microphone.
UNLV Human Resources