Calling UNLV colleges, departments, and offices to recognize our first-generation students, faculty, and staff. This year we're going campuswide National First Generation Day! Become a part of UNLV History! The 2020 National First-Generation College Celebration day falls on a Sunday, Nov. 8, but here at UNLV, we’re kicking off festivities on Nov. 6 and engaging our campus through Nov. 13.
All members of our community are invited to celebrate the success and presence of UNLV students, faculty and staff who are the first in their families to attend college. All UNLV first-generation students, faculty and staff are invited to show your first-gen pride through social media properties. The UNLV community at-large is also invited to share our support and recognize the experiences of our first-generation classmates and colleagues.
How To Join In The Fun
- Block off Nov. 9-13 on your college or departmental calendar
- Communicate with your students, faculty, and staff to identify first-generation members in your college, department, office, or floor who would like to participate
- Decide how your area can help in celebrating first-generation stories (We will even provide some ideas to get you started.)
- Finalize your involvement or activities by Friday, Sept. 18, to be included in the UNLV First-Generation Celebration calendar
The UNLV 2020 first-generation celebration coordination team includes representatives from:
- 1st Generation Club
- Academic Success Center
- Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach
- University Libraries
- The Intersection
Social Media Hashtags