This workshop will primarily cover two topics: Understanding loans and paying off debts. By participating in this workshop, you will understand:
Topic 1: Understanding Loans
- What to consider when you take out a loan (i.e., education, car, home)
- What are the different types of loans (including education loans)
- What are the different repayment strategies for loans, including loan forgiveness programs?
- What are the tax implications for loans?
Topic 2: Paying off Debt
- What are strategies for paying off different types of debt (loans, credit cards, etc.)?
- What are strategies for setting-up a budget?
- What are strategies for living within your means?
Life Cycle Stage: Early, Middle, and Late Master’s and Early, Middle, and Late Doctoral
Learning Experience: Lecture
Pillars of Professional Development: Financial Wellness