Learn the science and art behind financial & background investigative methods for the gaming licensing process.
About this Event
As more organizations enter into highly regulated industries such as gaming and cannabis, ensuring public trust is critical for operational and regulatory success. At the start of that trust is a thorough and complete investigation process to ensure suitability. This 6 part seminar teaches critical financial and background investigative methods immediately applicable to your ongoing investigations.
This series will take place over the course of six sessions. Registration applies to the entire series.
- March 4, 2021: 8-11 a.m. PST
- March 11, 2021: 8-11 a.m. PST
- March 18, 2021: 8-10 a.m. PST
- April 1, 2021: 8-10 a.m. PST
- April 8, 2021: 8-10 a.m. PST
- April 15, 2021: 8-10 a.m. PST
What can I learn?
Participants will learn the principles of conducting Financial & Background Investigations on Business/Vendor companies and on Principals and Primary Management Officials. Participants also gain knowledge of financial principles, investigative tools and strategies which can be applied immediately to improve investigative processes.
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for investigators and supervisors involved in due diligence investigations. The seminar is also recommended for Executive Directors, Managers, & Commissioners to demonstrate why these principles are important, how they improve existing processes, and how they protect operations.
Scott Otterstrom and John Flynn are former Deputy Chiefs with the Nevada Gaming Control Board. Together, John and Scott bring more than 50 years of experience in conducting and supervising complex financial and background investigations world-wide.
- Session 1: Introduction to the Investigative Process
- Session 2: Business Entity/Vendor Investigations; Publicly Traded Companies
- Session 3: Analysis of Personal Financial Activity
- Session 4: Analysis of Income Tax Returns
- Session 5: Background Investigations
- Session 6: Foreign Investigations; Interview Techniques
A certificate of completion from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas will be awarded and delivered electronically at the end of the program.