Etiquette Classes w/ Myka Meier: Business Protocol 1.0
The Troesh Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is partnering up with the Lee Business School Career and Professional Development Office to provide 3 business etiquette courses this semester!
- Business Protocol 1.0: March 4, 2021 at 3 p.m. est/12 p.m. pst
- Business Protocol 2.0: April 8, 2021 at 3 p.m. est/12 p.m. pst
- Dining Etiquette 1.0: April 29, 2021 at 3 p.m. est/12 p.m. pst
The first business etiquette course, Business Protocol 1.0, will take place on March 4th at 3 p.m. est/12 p.m. pst and will cover the following topics:
- First impressions
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communications
- Voice and Sophisticated Verbiage
- Body Language
- Introductions and Greetings
- Touch-free ways to greet others
- How to politely decline a handshake
- Showing Respect and Consideration
- Meeting and Conference Call Etiquette
- Email Do’s and Don’ts
- Phone Do’s and Don’ts
- Texting Do’s and Don’ts
- Best Practices in Video Conferences
- How to Look Your Best in Video Calls
Meet the Instructor: Myka Meier!
A dual American and British citizen, Myka Meier is an entrepreneur, best-selling author of two etiquette books and consultant specializing in international social and business training.
Myka launched New York based consultancy Beaumont Etiquette in 2013 and co-founded The Plaza Hotel Finishing Program with Beaumont Etiquette in 2016. In 2019 Myka
co-founded the Beaumont Training Group to offer corporate training through modern and innovative courses, expanding her company’s training offerings to topics including leadership, sales, customer service, ethics in business and more. With a degree in communications and over 10 years experience in the luxury, lifestyle and fashion markets, Myka worked in both New York and London focusing on integrated communications, and has experience working on a global endeavor initiated by its patron, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
A best-selling author, Myka has written two books on etiquette, Modern Etiquette Made Easy and Business Etiquette Made Easy, both published in 2020. An avid volunteer for charities which promote confidence and teach both social and work skills in underprivileged communities, Myka resides in New York with her husband and daughter.
Please RSVP via Startup Tree.
Troesh Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation