Essentials of Gaming Law & Regulation
All successful gaming jurisdictions depend on the foundational trust provided by thoughtful gaming law and regulation. This 1-day intensive course provides participants with essential basic knowledge about the systems and laws governing the gaming industry as well as an understanding of how gaming regulations affect the industry.
Taught in the Executive Conference Room at the International Gaming Institute on the campus of UNLV, the program examines the foundational elements of gaming law and is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Session 1: Introduction to Gaming
- What is Gaming?
- Overview of the U.S. Commercial Gaming Industry
- State Lotteries, Office Pools, Fantasy Sports and Skill Gaming
Session 2: Regulatory Oversight & Licensing
- State Gaming Control Systems
- Anatomy of a Gaming License Investigation
Session 3: Laws Governing Gaming
- U.S. Federal Gaming Law
- Internet Gaming
- Gaming Device Law/Manufacturing
Session 4: Understanding Compliance
- Gaming Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Disciplinary Process
$255 - Includes program materials, lunch and parking.
To attend, please register.
The course is designed for professionals from any functional background (HR, operations, marketing, finance, compliance, etc.) who would benefit from a better understanding of statutes and regulations surrounding gaming law. No previous knowledge of the gaming industry is required. The course is also suitable for professionals new to Las Vegas or the gaming industry who require foundational knowledge about the laws and regulations governing the industry.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- The International Gaming Institute is located on the corner of Swenson and Flamingo. Each participant will receive a one-day parking pass each day for the Institute's lot.
Will I receive a certificate for this course?
- Yes. A certificate of completion will be presented for participants who attend all four sessions.
Can I get college credit for this course?
- Courses provided by the International Center for Gaming Regulation are certificate-based professional development programs. College credit towards university programs is not applicable.
Is ticket substitution allowed?
- Yes, substituting your RSVP for another individual is allowed up to two business days before course begins.
What does the enrollment fee cover and what is your cancellation/refund policy:
- The enrollment fee covers all course materials, instruction, and lunch. It also includes a daily parking pass for the lot immediately adjacent to the International Gaming Institute.
- The enrollment fee is a comprehensive fee. Substitutions or partial refunds aren't available.
The International Center for Gaming Regulation is one of three research centers within the International Gaming Institute, on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. The Center's mission is to promote research and learning in the areas of gaming regulation in jurisdictions around the world.