All successful gaming jurisdictions depend on the foundational trust provided by thoughtful gaming law and regulation. This 1-day intensive course provides participants with essential basic knowledge about the systems and laws governing the gaming industry as well as an understanding of how gaming regulations affect the industry.
Taught in the Executive Conference Room at the International Gaming Institute on the campus of UNLV, the program examines the foundational elements of gaming law and is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Session 1: Introduction to Gaming
- What is Gaming?
- Overview of the U.S. Commercial Gaming Industry
- State Lotteries, Office Pools, Fantasy Sports and Skill Gaming
Session 2: Regulatory Oversight & Licensing
- State Gaming Control Systems
- Anatomy of a Gaming License Investigation
Session 3: Laws Governing Gaming
- U.S. Federal Gaming Law
- Internet Gaming
- Gaming Device Law/Manufacturing
Session 4: Understanding Compliance
- Gaming Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Disciplinary Process