EquityMatterz Social Justice Dine & Dialogue
1625 West Carey
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
This is a public event, co-facilitated by local youth, and organized around topic focused on educational equity for Southern Nevada’s P-12 students. Community members (individual or group affiliated) working to develop youth leaders and/or interested in social change are encouraged to join the conversation. Light snacks served.
This event is free and open to the public. Please RSVP here.
- UNLV’s Abriendo Caminos/Opening Pathways for Students of Color into the Teaching Profession: Giving Back to the Community through Teaching project, funded by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE), Great Teaching and Leading Fund (GTLF), Dr. Norma A. Marrun, PI.
- The “signature” program of the project, #Love2TeachLV works to recruit Students of Color from six Clark County School District (CCSD) high schools to college and then into teaching.
- CCSD’s Equity and Diversity Education Office
- Touro University of Nevada’s (TUN) Code Switch grant project funded by the NoVo Foundation U.S. Girls of Color Strategic Strategy, Dr. Tonya Walls, PI, an equity-focused university-community-school collaborative with Teaching and Uniting Ladies to Inspire Positive Success (TULIPS) and local K-12 schools through the Peterson Academic Center.
- TUN’s internally-funded equity-focused Project LEAD EquityMatterz participatory action research project meant to determine how best to sustain and retain educators of color committed to racial equity and social justice in P-12 schools in Southern Nevada.
- Las Vegas NAACP Branch 1111
- My Brother’s Keeper's (MBK)
- King of Jewels Mentorship Program
- CSN’s Office of Inclusive Learning and Engagement NSC’s GEAR UP Program and School of Education