Please join the Office of Diversity Initiatives as it marks Native American Heritage Month with a forum discussion moderated by Dr. Michelle Chino, associate professor UNLV Department of Environmental and Occupational Health.
The forum topic is "Addressing Violence in Indian Country: Context, Consequences and Solutions."
The Diversity Leadership forum brings for together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada.
Panelist will include:
- Judge William Thorne, Utah Court of Appeals
- Professor Sarah Deer, William Mitchell College of Law
- Michael Chino, associate professor, UNLV department of environmental and occupational health
- 10-11 a.m. - Panel discussion, Q&A from the audience
- 11:30-Noon - Refreshments