Difficult Conversations & Conflict Resolution
Conflict occurs in a variety of environments, including your workplace and classrooms. Negative consequences include dysfunctional team work, decreased productivity, and low employee morale. Learning conflict resolution skills can result in improved teamwork, productivity, and employee satisfaction. To help cultivate strong and healthy professional relationships, this workshop will introduce attendees to negotiation strategies, consensus building techniques, and approaches to problem-solving.
By participating in this workshop, you will:
- Identify common challenges encountered between individuals in a variety of environments
- Learn negotiation strategies, consensus building techniques, and problem-solving approaches to help to resolve and minimize these conflicts or concerns
Professional Development Academy Program: GCC, GMC, PGCPP
Professional Development Academy Pillars: Leadership, Career Prep, Communication
Learning Experience: Panel
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Johnathen Osborne, JD, Business Litigation Shareholder & Co-chair of the firm’s White Collar Criminal Defense & Internal Investigations Practice Group, Gunster Corporate Law Firm
- Randy Gabe, VP Gas Resources, Southwest Gas
- Marti Winer, Vice President at MGM Resorts Event Productions
- Nicholas Sfeir, VP, TDIndustries
This workshop is open to graduate students. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.