Day Hike to Arizona Hot Springs
-Hike and Soak in Arizona Hot Springs, Lake Mead National Recreation Area-
We’ll hike six miles round trip to the beautiful Arizona Hot Springs. “Arizona Hot Springs are located in a dramatic slot canyon that joins the river just downstream of Ringbolt Rapids. The spring forms several pools that are located about 1,000 feet from the river, where the canyon walls are nearly vertical and about 6 to 9 feet apart. Directly at the source the spring discharges highly mineralized water at a rate of about 30 gallons per minute and a temperature of about 111 degrees Fahrenheit. The spring issues from fractures in Miocene-age volcanic rocks near the intersection of two faults.” – National Park Service
6 miles - Difficulty Level: Strenuous
-A lunch, snacks, & round trip transportation are included in the price ofthis trip-
- 8:00am Please meet us in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center in front of the Outdoor Adventure office in the lobby, ready for departure.
- 8:30am Vans depart. Ride approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to the AZ Hot Springs Trailhead. Arrival time is estimated to be 9:45am.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Hike to end of the trail approx. 3 mil.
- 12:15pm - 1:45pm Fix and eat lunch and soak in the hot springs. Please remember to keep your head above the water!
- 1:45pm – 2:00pm Change into dry clothes.
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm Hike out approx. 3 mil.
- 4:00pm-5:45pm* Drive back to UNLV. Arrival time is estimated to be 5:15pm.
- Shoes that you can hike in, tennis shoes are fine. Sandals are hard to wear during this hike.
- Clothes that are comfortable and that you can move in.
- At least 2 liters of water. Make sure these bottles are full before you leave campus.
- A small backpack to carry your water and food in.
- Clothes/bathing suit you want to soak in the hot springs in.
- Sandals with a backstrap for hiking through the hot springs.
- Dry clothes to hike in.
- A towel.
Any questions about this trip or trip preparation should be directed to:
- Hannah Doss firstname.lastname@example.org 702-774-7125
*Times of arrival back onto campus are estimated and due to change without notice
This event is open to the public. Registration is due by 5:00 p.m., April 16, 2019.
- $35 for Students and Members
- $45 for Non-members
Registration includes the completion of the Health History form and the Trip Waiver. Please note that both of these forms require a printed signature.
More info on this event
UNLV Outdoor Adventures