From the battery bar on your phone to maps and advertisements, we interact with visualizations every day. Visualizations communicate complex data and ideas quickly and easily, however, creating an effective visualization can be tricky. In this workshop, participants will discuss the fundamentals of data visualization, identify misleading data visualizations, and visualize data properly.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Discuss various methods of visualization and assess which visualizations are best for their own needs
- Be able to identify misleading visualizations from examples and in their own work
- Utilize an open-source software to effectively visualize data
- Halle Burns, Data Libraries and Instructor, UNLV Libraries
- Chelsea Heinbach, Teaching and Learning Libraries, UNLV Libraries
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. If you are new to Event Pass, please access this link to get familiarized with the platform. If you already have an Event Pass account, please RSVP by clicking on the red button below.
Office of Undergraduate Research and University Libraries