Learn more about the data and statistical sources available to researchers at UNLV Libraries!
A workshop showcasing the data and statistical sources at UNLV Libraries, beginning with an overview of data & statistical sources. Then, attendees can select one of the following breakout sessions:
- Business: Training includes hands-on times with resources such as Passport Global Market Information Database, which includes market research reports with demographic and statistical information on consumer lifestyles, consumer products, countries, companies and industries.
- STEM: Training on OpenGeoSci, a free, public map based interface that allows users to search for maps, cross sections, charts, tables, figures, and data from GeoScienceWorld publications.
- Health Sciences: Training on CultureGrams, which includes health data and statistics by country.
- Social Sciences: Training on American FactFinder will i include hands-on time finding statistics on populations, income, demographics by state, city, and zip code.
All breakout sessions are available in the morning and the afternoon. You are welcome to attend more than one.
- Morning Session 9-11 a.m.
- Afternoon Session 2-4 p.m.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP by March 20 to let us know which session(s) you would like to attend.