LAS VEGAS – UNLV Law students from various student organizations—La Voz; the Immigration Law Society; and the Black Law Student Association—will host a panel discussion regarding President Trump’s announcement to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. After the panel, volunteers will assist DACA recipients to renew their applications.
- Who: DACA holders, students, community members, and advocates
- What: DACA Panel and Renewal
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Where: Thomas and Mack Moot Courtroom, UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89154
- Parking: Free parking on Saturdays. See a campus map here.
Dreamers wishing to renew their DACA permit this Saturday must bring their previous DACA application, work permit, and any information relating to international travel or contact with law enforcement. DACA recipients must also pay the $495 renewal fee, provide two passport photos, and officially mail the paperwork to USCIS.
Renewal applications must be received by USCIS by October 5.
DACA Renewal Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must currently have DACA.
- The permit must be expiring between September 5, 2017, and March 5, 2018.
- In the case of criminal convictions since the last renewal, we recommend seeking legal advice.
- If the applicant left the country without advanced parole since their last DACA renewal, we recommend seeking legal advice.