The Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP) is intended for health care providers who work primarily in a clinical setting and are interested in developing their teaching abilities. Participants will explore different aspects of the clinical learning environment and will learn skills and techniques necessary to provide a structured and effective learning environment for students. The goal is not to improve individual clinical skills, but to develop and refine each participant's ability to teach, instruct, and guide the development of their students.
This course will teach you how to:
- Identify your role and responsibilities as a CI
- Examine a student’s readiness to learn
- Integrate learning experiences in the clinical environment
- Assess a student’s performance
- Discuss legal issues in clinical education
- Develop skills for the management of exceptional students