Creating Rubrics: Best Practices in Teaching Online
Faculty will discover how they can use WebCampus to create rubrics to provide timely and specific feedback to their students. Participants can also dig deeper into types of rubrics and collaborate with colleagues on best practices.
By the end of the webinar, faculty will be able to:
- Summarize how rubrics can support student engagement and outcomes in your course
- Identify best practices related to creating and using rubrics in WebCampus
- Describe how to align rubric criteria and description to course outcomes and objectives
- Describe how to add, save, and reuse rubrics to your WebCampus course
- Rubrics and Gradebook Cohort Achievement Goals
For Summer 2020 webinars, we are introducing 2-week cohorts. If you are interested in participating in the cohorts, you must first attend a webinar.
Following the webinar, you will receive:
- Access to Office of Online Education resources and support in the creation of a tangible product that can be utilized in your course. This will include a discussion or assignment and a course or project rubric.
- Peer feedback through the cohort experience
- One-on-One conferencing with an Embedded Instructional Technologist
- Specific feedback from the Embedded Instructional Technologist inside your actual course
- An Online Education competency badge to demonstrate your experience
Your participation in the cohort is optional, but your prior attendance in the webinar is required.
Faculty who have taught remotely are encouraged to attend to learn research-based best practices in online education.
Rubric Cohort Achievement Goals
Within the Rubric Cohort experience, faculty will be guided through:
- Adding a rubric to an assignment, discussion, or quiz
- Using Speedgrader, rubrics, and comments to provide grades and feedback for an assignment, discussion, or quiz
- Determining the type of rubric (holistic and analytic) that will align with and support your course outcomes and assignment needs
The event is open to Faculty and Staff, register here. Webex meeting information will be provided after the RSVP.
The Office of Online Education