Creating Assignments: Best Practices in Teaching Online
You will learn how to create assignments in an online environment that meet learning objectives. We will explore different types of assignments and their benefits to help you assess learning outcomes.
By the end of the webinar, faculty will be able to:
- Describe the best practices of using Assignments as a learning tool
- Identify components & structures of Assignments that best benefit students
- Align Assignments with module and course objectives
- Discover how to use Assignments to improve student outcomes
For Summer 2020 webinars, we are introducing 2-week cohorts. If you are interested in participating in the cohorts, you must first attend a webinar.
Following the webinar, you will receive:
- Access to Office of Online Education resources and support in the creation of a tangible product that can be utilized in your course. This will include a discussion or assignment and a course or project rubric.
- Peer feedback through the cohort experience
- One-on-One conferencing with an Embedded Instructional Technologist
- Specific feedback from the Embedded Instructional Technologist inside your actual course
- An Online Education competency badge to demonstrate your experience
Your participation in the cohort is optional, but your prior attendance in the webinar is required.
Faculty who have taught remotely are encouraged to attend to learn research-based best practices in online education.
Assignment Cohort Achievement Goals
Within the Assignment Cohort experience, faculty will be guided through:
- Creating course objectives
- Creating module objectives
- Aligning assignments to created course and module objective
The event is open to Faculty and Staff, register here. Webex meeting information will be provided after the RSVP.
The Office of Online Education