As jurisdictions initiate, mature, or expand gaming, it's critical to review and evaluate fundamental and emerging enforcement issues.
About this Event
All gaming jurisdictions face serious challenges around the area of enforcement. Today, especially in the post- COVID19 arena, it's critical to look at both the fundamentals of gaming enforcement along with the latest issues facing jurisdictions. The International Center for Gaming Regulation provides this 1/2-day intensive seminar on current enforcement practices and challenges.
UNLV houses the only academic institute that has focused on the gaming Industry for over 25 years. We are excited to launch our new live Online: Gaming Enforcement Trends & Issues seminar.
Our program allows participants to gain a broad and deep education on enforcement topics including how COVID19 has changed the protocols of enforcement.
Agenda: Casino Investigations: Security, Law & Policing
Cyber Crime and Cyber Security
Regulation Enforcement - Fundamental Areas of Responsibility and Evolving Challenges
- Patron Disputes
- Gaming Employee Screening
- Regulatory investigations
- Sports Betting
Impact of COVID-19 and Other Enforcement Issues – Operator Perspective: Todd Fasulo, Vice President Security, Investigations; Crisis Management, Wynn & Las Vegas & Encore
Surveillance Best Practices - William Joseph, Director of Surveillance, Westgate Resort & Casino
- Skills needed for good surveillance managers and employees
- Core baseline protocols needed to protect a casino's team members, customers and assets
- Guidance/basic methodology for successful outcomes of surveillance investigations, including internal theft, management investigations, covert investigations and external fraud/cheating events
Gaming Law Enforcement – Current Threats
- Cheating at Gambling
- Illegal Market, Grey Market and Crypto-currency
- Sports Bribery
- Employee crime
- Quality investigations
This is a live online presentation. For best results and engagement, please use a computer with a camera, headphones, and microphone.
- Rick Alwine - Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Karl Bennison
- Todd Fasulo - Wynn Las Vegas & Encore
- William Joseph - Westgate Resort & Casino