Casino Auditing for Gaming Regulators
The objective of this three-day course is to provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of the complexities of auditing casinos from a regulatory perspective. Attendees will also learn the process of developing effective internal control standards using a risk-based approach.
- Planning a Casino Regulatory Audit. Attendees will learn effective aspects of effectively planning an audit, assess key risk factors, and development of audit programs.
- Analyzing Casino Financial Statements. This session examines the types of financial information typically developed in the casino environment, key components of financial information, and analytical tools for analyzing financial information.
- Casino Internal Control Standards. Attendees will learn how to use a risk-based approach for developing and evaluating casino internal control standards, assessing mitigating controls and consideration of cost-benefit factors.
- Internal Audit Function. This session analyzes the casino internal audit function, including assessing independence, evaluating the effectiveness of internal audit and using internal audit results in determining the scope of a regulatory audit.
- Casino Management Systems. Attendees will learn the fundamentals of a casino management system, ticket-in; ticket-out systems, cage and credit operations, financial reporting systems and risks for fraudulent activity.
- Understanding Table Games Statistics. Attendees will learn about house advantages of various games, techniques used to analyze statistical information and the impacts of credit play and promotional schemes.
- Understanding Slot Machine Statistics. This session discusses the development of theoretical hold percentages, analyzing actual hold percentages and the impacts of progressive payouts, bonus pays and other promotions.
- Cage Operations. Attendees will learn the components of cage operations, including analyzing typical cage documentation.
- Credit Play and Collections. This session provides insights into the extension of casino credit and the collection process, including understanding the pitfalls.